Sunday, August 28, 2005

Hacking my own DAKOTA disposable digital camera


I've done alot of reading about the Dakota Digital disposable digital cameras. I had read you could pick them up at Walgreens etc. Well here in Honolulu we don't have Walgreens. But we do have Long's drugs...seems there everywhere. So I went looking for the cameras.

Success! They have both versions of the still camera. I could not find the CVS camcorder and I got nothing but a lot of blank stares from the "sales" associates...but whatever I can only do so much at a time.

I went ahead and bought one of the "version 1" cameras--the ones without the LCD display.

I got it home after the obligatory run to PAC SUN and the food court. I was able to get home with my new hack-toy. First thing i noticed is that this camera does not have the screws I had seen in the various websites and the MAKE magazine article.

I've taken some pictures of the work so far and will be putting them up soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home